Bonnie has over 39 years of experience in the insurance industry as a broker and underwriter. Her most recent position was with Gallagher ,2017 to 2022, where she was responsible for developing strategy and placed professional liability and other casualty lines (Workers Compensation, Auto, OCIPs and other lines), for a broad range of large clients. Her expertise includes large physician groups, healthcare organizations, hospitals, MCO, large academic medical centers/ universities, bio technology firms, and financial institutions Her expertise extends to reinsurance facultative and treaty. Her focus is on captives, cash flow-loss sensitive programs, and coverage analysis in these areas.
Prior to 2017 Bonnie was with Marsh New York as a Senior Vice President for her second tenure both times in New York City. Her responsibilities were focused on healthcare placement then as a producer/ Client Executive. She sat on the national executive committee for its healthcare practice.
Prior to that, she was with JLT/ USA & Alliant Insurances Services where she oversaw healthcare and casualty for the Chicago and New York offices. She also held a national position with Willis for more than a decade and worked with 280 retail offices on a global basis to produce business, market, and set strategy for the health care industry and casualty business. She chaired product line/industry segments for long-term care, managed care, and HPL (integrated delivery systems), among others. She has placed reinsurance for some the largest captive programs in the country.
Additional experience includes managing an underwriting staff and a book of business for Continental Insurance Company with a premium volume of $103 million. Establishing market direction, reinsurance treaties, developing rates, underwriting guidelines, and corporate strategies were a part of her duties. She has been the underwriter and/ or broker on five of the top ten managed care companies in the country.
Recognitions and Honors:
- 2021- 100 Most Influential African American Leaders in Business by National Diversity Council
- Cohort class 1V 2021- Leverage Network
- 2020 Hall of Fame Honor by IBA (Insurance Business America)
- In 2019 received the honor of Savoy Magazine Most Influential Women in Corporate America.
- Awarded the 2019 Life Time Achievement Award from NAIAA
- IBA Elite Women in Insurance 2017 and 2021
- Power Broker, 2008 and 2009, Risk & Insurance magazine
- Women to Watch, 2008, Business Insurance
- Business Insurance Impact Award 2015